7/22/14

Two Little Finishes

Just a short post at the end of the day today. It's been such a busy month, and today I found myself really very tired. I came home after my Coffee Creek Quilters observation and took a long nap. The rest of the afternoon was devoted to finishing my July doll quilt for the Monthly Doll Quilt Swap.

 Doll Quilters

Usually, I try to have my doll quilts finished first thing during the month. And since it's just about time to assign partners for the August swap, you can imagine that I was feeling under the gun to get this one off to my partner in Australia. All finished now, and I'll be sending it off before the end of the week. I can't show it to you just yet, but here's a little peek until it's in my partner's hands.


Also, yesterday I finished the embroidery for the Embroider's Blessing wall hanging. Most of this was done on the plane flying to and from Southern California.


It's intended to be for framing, but I'm going to make a little quilted wall-hanging from it and hang it in my sewing room.

With that one done, I was ready to move along to the next of the Vintage Tin blocks. This is the last of the six small blocks, and after that I will have three large ones to do to complete all of the blocks for the quilt. I'm thinking this one will go pretty fast.


So, I have a lot more to tell you. For one thing, Karla Alexander spoke at my guild last night, and so I have lots of pictures from her talk...at least, I think I do. I don't know how many of them turned out since I was shooting without flash.


And in my new position with the guild, I need to write a blog post for the guild's blog as well. 

Finally, I have some things I want to say about my first observation with the Coffee Creek Quilters as well, but I'll save that for tomorrow, when I can do it more rested and relaxed. For now, I'm ready to call an end to the day and veg out in front of the TV. Longmire, you know.

I hope you all had a good day, and I'll check back tomorrow with the rest of my news. Sleep tight.

6 comments:

liniecat said...

That embroiderers blessing is just delightful! - despite not having a cat on it lol

WoolenSails said...

These came out beautifully, you do beautiful stitching. I am procrastinating, need a small project to work on that does make me hotter than I already am, lol.

Debbie

Michele said...

The stitching is wonderful!

quiltzyx said...

Stitchery looks wonderful - looking forward to seeing it as a wall hanging.

I was tired last night too - but not so much from traveling, but from NOT traveling! A friend had asked me a few weeks ago if I could pick him up at the LA airport on the 22nd when he got in from Canada. Sure! Put it in my phone so I wouldn't forget. He was supposed to call me to let me know more info before he left, but we both forgot. So, all I know is Delta airlines, arriving at 1:15pm. Allowing for some traffic, I left at 12:30 & got there at 1:30. Circled the arrivals area 3 times and couldn't find him. Called & his cell went right to voice mail. Texted too. Left LAX & drove a little ways away to a Carl's Jr. & parked in a shady spot. Tried to call & text. Decided to move to another lot across the street, so I'd be heading back towards the airport. More calling & texting. Another trip around the arrivals area. Nope, no luck. back to the parking lot. Call, text....called one more time & he finally answered! Hooray! Are you here? Out front? What?!!? No, he's still in CANADA!!! He doesn't fly in until the 23rd! Sheesh! Took me about 2-1/2 hours to get home in the traffic & that wore me out. Thank goodness I had an In-N-Out gift card.... Today he has to catch a shuttle or a LYFT, I'm at work. He's taking me to lunch next week & giving me some gas money to apologize. :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Longmire is one of my favorite shows.

Kate said...

Love the row of stars in the border of your doll quilt!