1/19/14

ALYOF: January Goal Complete!

This morning I sat and stitched on the binding for the Vintage Miniature Sewing Machines quilt until it was finished once and for all!


And...miracle of miracles...we have a sunny January day in Oregon so that I could even take it outside for it's portrait. And here it is:


It was surprisingly bright out, and so I've messed with the contrast a little bit so that everything shows. It's been a hard quilt to photograph because the details in the outer border want to fade to nothing but black, and even in this image, the colors in the sewing machines are a little washed out. If you want to see the individual blocks, you can go to my previous post right here.

The first embroidery stitches for this quilt were taken on March 15, 2012, and so I'm very glad to have it finished after such a long time working on it. I was curious what was going on in the news back then, and so I spent some time trying to find the front page for that day. The closest I could come was three days earlier on March 12, 2012...mostly bad news, but there you go.

And with this as my January goal for


I'll be linking up when the finishes party starts next week.

But for today, I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching.


Next up, I'm moving on with my other projects. My Sunday is off to a good start. I hope you have a lovely day too.

31 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on such a stunning finish!

Sheila said...

Very pretty, congratulation!

Diane Wild said...

It's beautiful. Isn't it fun to get those long, drawn-out projects finished? Working on just that myself. You have a wonderful day, too. Sunshine and above freezing temps for us today and today only. Tomorrow the bottom falls out on the thermometer again.

Teresa in Music City said...

It turned out so beautiful Barbara!!! Congrats on a long-term finish :)

Lynette said...

Woohoo!! This is gorgeous, Barbara. :)

Ivani said...

Beautiful Barbara, and congratulations! I'm glad you finished and hit your goal for January. I'm finishing a binding as well and it will be done!

Lyndsey said...

Wow what a magnificent finish. that quilt is a real beauty. Well done Barbara on your finish.

Junebug613 said...

Congratulations for the finish! Glad you are having a sunny day to enjoy. We're having an overcast day here, so I'm trying to get some of my sewing projects going and finished.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm happy for your finish and this is so lovely!

Vicki W said...

Well done!

Debra said...

Congratulations! I love these little sewing machines and so nice to see them complete in a quilt... I know I would never get them done, but they are wonderful. Great job!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a beautiful quilt…thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Love your quilt! Just beautiful!

Tami C said...

Like I've said before... that is one beautiful quilt! Those antique sewing machine are really cute and your stitching is lovely. Congratulations on a wonderful finish for 2014!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! It's such a gorgeous quilt.

Brown Family said...

I got a mini quilt finished and pined tonight. It will be easy quilting in the morning and then on to another small project!

Celtic Thistle said...

Fabulous finish Barbara.

Kathy H said...

Beautiful quilt and I have enjoyed watching your progress as you worked on it. Congratulations. You are inspiring me to get something finished too!

Michele said...

Yeah for you. Now you have it to enjoy every day.

Kim said...

Good job! It's beautiful.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on such a wonderful finish! I love this quilt! And you're even finished early in the month!
Way to go!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Superb finish, Barb. I love the border fabric a lot. The binding color rocks too. Happy January !~!

quiltzyx said...

Hooray! You did a wonderful job on the vintage machines - every part of it. Cheers!

CeLynn said...

Wow,this quilt is simply amazing! Congratulations on your lovely finish!

Quilt n Queen said...

A beautiful finish, Barbara!! Congrats on a job well done! Happy stitching, Pauline

SIMPLESEW said...

stopping by from A Lovely Year of Finishes.

Béa said...

very beautiful, congrats !

Kim said...

This is such a beautiful finish! Way to go!

Sandy Panagos said...

That is adorable!! Congrats on the finish!

Sandra said...

Your quilt is lovely. I have admired the machines since I first saw them

Val's Quilting Studio said...

LOL!! I love your humor today Barb...but you are right...not all vintage machines are made of metal. Yours are much cuter!! :)